Ikea turns to Pinterest for first Indian-inspired range
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 May 2012 10:30AM
Ikea is running a Pinterest and Facebook campaign to draw attention to its first Indian-inspired range, which sources all products from India.
Initial awareness of the range will be driven by an email to all 1.3 million members of the Ikea Family loyalty scheme, directing people to a bespoke microsite.
The microsite, created by Lida, will display curtains that draw back to reveal the limited edition 'True Blue' collection.
Visitors to the site will also be able to choose their preferred shade of blue, which will then display products in the same colour to drive home the True Blue theme.
A button on the microsite will direct traffic to a showcase of the collection on the Pinterest social network, while visitors will also be asked to share the offers on Ikea's Facebook page, which will have a blue takeover to mark the collection.
Markus Weichselbaumer, relationship marketing manager at Ikea, said: "Decorating your home can be a lifelong journey. It's this thought that led our designers to India to collaborate with local suppliers in creating something very special indeed: a mix of quality design with Indian craft and colour."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PLANNER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Excellent, London
- Senior PR & Comms Officer Stopgap Ã‚£32000 - Ã‚£34700 per annum, Reading
- Senior Account Director - brand, digital and communications - £55-65k Story Recruitment £55-65k plus bonus dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - strategic brand consultancy - £24-28k Story Recruitment £24-28k plus bonus dep on exp, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Luxury Brands Story Recruitment £32-38k dependent on experience, Central London