Ikea turns to Pinterest for first Indian-inspired range
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 15 May 2012 10:30AM
Ikea is running a Pinterest and Facebook campaign to draw attention to its first Indian-inspired range, which sources all products from India.
Initial awareness of the range will be driven by an email to all 1.3 million members of the Ikea Family loyalty scheme, directing people to a bespoke microsite.
The microsite, created by Lida, will display curtains that draw back to reveal the limited edition 'True Blue' collection.
Visitors to the site will also be able to choose their preferred shade of blue, which will then display products in the same colour to drive home the True Blue theme.
A button on the microsite will direct traffic to a showcase of the collection on the Pinterest social network, while visitors will also be asked to share the offers on Ikea's Facebook page, which will have a blue takeover to mark the collection.
Markus Weichselbaumer, relationship marketing manager at Ikea, said: "Decorating your home can be a lifelong journey. It's this thought that led our designers to India to collaborate with local suppliers in creating something very special indeed: a mix of quality design with Indian craft and colour."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad