OMD retains £10m Shop Direct search business
Shop Direct Group, the owner of Littlewoods and Very, has reappointed OMD UK to its £10m paid search strategy and management account following a final shootout against MediaCom.
Shop Direct Group called a pitch for its paid search as part of a two-year statutory review process in January and spoke to up to 10 agencies including digital specialists and media agencies, before narrowing the field down to OMD and MediaCom.
OMD will continue to manage direct response activity for Shop Direct and its brands Very.co.uk, Littlewoods and Isme, with a view to increasing their profitability.
It is understood that Shop Direct spends up to £10m on paid search per year. The Group's offline planning and buying is not affected by the review and is held by Aegis Media’s Carat.
Jonathan Wall, group e-commerce director at Shop Direct Group, said: "We were impressed with the quality of work from all of the agencies but OMD stood out as a trusted business partner highly committed to our success, with an exciting vision of the future, and specifically the potential of the wider search marketplace for our brands."
OMD’s search team, led by search operations director Andrew Harries, offers the agency’s clients a wide range of support and services including mobile and data management.
Dan Clays, who started as managing director of OMD earlier last month, said: "Jonathan and his team have big ambitions for all of the brands and are highly committed to stretching what’s possible in digital – which is absolutely in keeping with our ambitions at OMD."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager | 6 month contract Twist Recruitment £35000 - £43000 per annum, City of London
- Technical Project Manager Aspire £24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director | 6 month contract Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £58000.00 per annum, City of London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood