Coca-Cola unleashes the 'super fan' for Euro 2012 activity
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 May 2012 09:34AM
Coca-Cola is asking consumers to "unleash their inner super fan and celebrate football happiness", in an integrated campaign supporting its sponsorship of Euro 2012.
A television spot by Santo shows a fan sprouting red-and-white feathers as he is transformed into a "super fan bird mascot" through the magic of Coca-Cola after a goal is scored. It will be shown for the first time on TV on ITV1 today (16 May).
The ad also offers viewers a chance to win tickets to Euro 2012 matches if they visit its Coke Zone brand loyalty site.
Visitors to the site can also access a Fan-Nation app to create their own super fan character.
Coca-Cola is currently running a 'Coke Fan Reporter' competition on TalkSport to further bolster its Euro 2012 sponsorship.
The competition will run until June and offers the winner a chance to report live from Euro 2012, along with a six month-paid internship at the radio station.
Coke Zero, which has been dubbed "bloke Coke", will also be pushed via in-store giveaways of gaming packages.
The brand will also offer the chance to win tickets to the final in Kiev via an in-programme competition during ITV's coverage of the tournament.
Coke Zero has also partnered with EA Sports to conduct sampling in city centres in Britain.
Until now, Coca-Cola's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games has overshadowed its sponsorship of the Euro 2012 football championship.
The company launched a high-profile Olympic ad campaign on 21 February, starring Mark Ronson and a number of Olympic athletes.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Partnerships Executive - top UK food titles! Yummy! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + bonus, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Digital Marketing Exec (PPC/Paid Social/Display) - £27k-£28K - Salt £27000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Senior Sales Manager - Leading digital sales company! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Commission, City of London
- Sales Coordinator - Cutting edge, fun brand! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus!, City of London
- Midweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £30K, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign