Coca-Cola unleashes the 'super fan' for Euro 2012 activity
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 May 2012 09:34AM
Coca-Cola is asking consumers to "unleash their inner super fan and celebrate football happiness", in an integrated campaign supporting its sponsorship of Euro 2012.
A television spot by Santo shows a fan sprouting red-and-white feathers as he is transformed into a "super fan bird mascot" through the magic of Coca-Cola after a goal is scored. It will be shown for the first time on TV on ITV1 today (16 May).
The ad also offers viewers a chance to win tickets to Euro 2012 matches if they visit its Coke Zone brand loyalty site.
Visitors to the site can also access a Fan-Nation app to create their own super fan character.
Coca-Cola is currently running a 'Coke Fan Reporter' competition on TalkSport to further bolster its Euro 2012 sponsorship.
The competition will run until June and offers the winner a chance to report live from Euro 2012, along with a six month-paid internship at the radio station.
Coke Zero, which has been dubbed "bloke Coke", will also be pushed via in-store giveaways of gaming packages.
The brand will also offer the chance to win tickets to the final in Kiev via an in-programme competition during ITV's coverage of the tournament.
Coke Zero has also partnered with EA Sports to conduct sampling in city centres in Britain.
Until now, Coca-Cola's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games has overshadowed its sponsorship of the Euro 2012 football championship.
The company launched a high-profile Olympic ad campaign on 21 February, starring Mark Ronson and a number of Olympic athletes.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned