Coca-Cola unleashes the 'super fan' for Euro 2012 activity
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 May 2012 09:34AM
Coca-Cola is asking consumers to "unleash their inner super fan and celebrate football happiness", in an integrated campaign supporting its sponsorship of Euro 2012.
A television spot by Santo shows a fan sprouting red-and-white feathers as he is transformed into a "super fan bird mascot" through the magic of Coca-Cola after a goal is scored. It will be shown for the first time on TV on ITV1 today (16 May).
The ad also offers viewers a chance to win tickets to Euro 2012 matches if they visit its Coke Zone brand loyalty site.
Visitors to the site can also access a Fan-Nation app to create their own super fan character.
Coca-Cola is currently running a 'Coke Fan Reporter' competition on TalkSport to further bolster its Euro 2012 sponsorship.
The competition will run until June and offers the winner a chance to report live from Euro 2012, along with a six month-paid internship at the radio station.
Coke Zero, which has been dubbed "bloke Coke", will also be pushed via in-store giveaways of gaming packages.
The brand will also offer the chance to win tickets to the final in Kiev via an in-programme competition during ITV's coverage of the tournament.
Coke Zero has also partnered with EA Sports to conduct sampling in city centres in Britain.
Until now, Coca-Cola's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games has overshadowed its sponsorship of the Euro 2012 football championship.
The company launched a high-profile Olympic ad campaign on 21 February, starring Mark Ronson and a number of Olympic athletes.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - MUST SPEAK GERMAN! Adam Recruitment £20000 - £27000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- Account Manager - London - ATL - Advertising Agency Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum + STO - Amazing Benefits, West End
- Senior Account Manager - Excellent West London Agency Fill Recruitment £32k - £36k, London (West), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3