Coca-Cola unleashes the 'super fan' for Euro 2012 activity
Coca-Cola is asking consumers to "unleash their inner super fan and celebrate football happiness", in an integrated campaign supporting its sponsorship of Euro 2012.
A television spot by Santo shows a fan sprouting red-and-white feathers as he is transformed into a "super fan bird mascot" through the magic of Coca-Cola after a goal is scored. It will be shown for the first time on TV on ITV1 today (16 May).
The ad also offers viewers a chance to win tickets to Euro 2012 matches if they visit its Coke Zone brand loyalty site.
Visitors to the site can also access a Fan-Nation app to create their own super fan character.
Coca-Cola is currently running a 'Coke Fan Reporter' competition on TalkSport to further bolster its Euro 2012 sponsorship.
The competition will run until June and offers the winner a chance to report live from Euro 2012, along with a six month-paid internship at the radio station.
Coke Zero, which has been dubbed "bloke Coke", will also be pushed via in-store giveaways of gaming packages.
The brand will also offer the chance to win tickets to the final in Kiev via an in-programme competition during ITV's coverage of the tournament.
Coke Zero has also partnered with EA Sports to conduct sampling in city centres in Britain.
Until now, Coca-Cola's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games has overshadowed its sponsorship of the Euro 2012 football championship.
The company launched a high-profile Olympic ad campaign on 21 February, starring Mark Ronson and a number of Olympic athletes.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'