Coca-Cola unleashes the 'super fan' for Euro 2012 activity
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 May 2012 09:34AM
Coca-Cola is asking consumers to "unleash their inner super fan and celebrate football happiness", in an integrated campaign supporting its sponsorship of Euro 2012.
A television spot by Santo shows a fan sprouting red-and-white feathers as he is transformed into a "super fan bird mascot" through the magic of Coca-Cola after a goal is scored. It will be shown for the first time on TV on ITV1 today (16 May).
The ad also offers viewers a chance to win tickets to Euro 2012 matches if they visit its Coke Zone brand loyalty site.
Visitors to the site can also access a Fan-Nation app to create their own super fan character.
Coca-Cola is currently running a 'Coke Fan Reporter' competition on TalkSport to further bolster its Euro 2012 sponsorship.
The competition will run until June and offers the winner a chance to report live from Euro 2012, along with a six month-paid internship at the radio station.
Coke Zero, which has been dubbed "bloke Coke", will also be pushed via in-store giveaways of gaming packages.
The brand will also offer the chance to win tickets to the final in Kiev via an in-programme competition during ITV's coverage of the tournament.
Coke Zero has also partnered with EA Sports to conduct sampling in city centres in Britain.
Until now, Coca-Cola's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic Games has overshadowed its sponsorship of the Euro 2012 football championship.
The company launched a high-profile Olympic ad campaign on 21 February, starring Mark Ronson and a number of Olympic athletes.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager - £35k to £43k + Benefits Propel £35000 - £43000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Sales Executive Haymarket Media Group up to £35k OTE, Teddington (City/Town), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up