Premier Foods backs Great Little Ideas with social media push
Premier Foods is making another push for its 'Great Little Ideas' multi-brand recipe platform, with a social media campaign that capitalises on the theme of street parties around the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Great Little Ideas was introduced in February 2010 to capitalise on the "cooking-from-scratch" trend, by encouraging consumers to use Premier Foods range of brands such as Bisto, Oxo and Sharwood's in recipes.
The brand has launched a Facebook campaign, created by Elvis, that gives consumers the chance to win one of four street parties.
Consumers enter the competition by uploading photos of their own street party dishes to www.facebook.com/greatlittleidea, which will be voted on by the public and then an independent panel.
The parties include prepared food using the 'Great Little Ideas' products and an open top bus for the winners to celebrate on.
In addition, consumers can download a free street party pack from the Facebook page, which includes bunting and recipe ideas, to create their own street celebration.
The activity marks Premier Foods' marketing activity around the brand this year, since the 'Great Little Ideas' campaign was overhauled last October to throw more weight behind the company’s 'power brands'.
The overhaul followed the announcement from Premier Foods' chief executive Martin Clarke last year, unveiling plans to sell the company's non-core assets, while pledging to push its eight key brands, including Hovis and Mr Kipling.
Nick Steel, director, insights and marketing services, Premier Foods, said: "The campaign is another sign of our continued investment in the Premier Foods power brand portfolio, through an engaging 'Great Little Ideas' campaign that fits perfectly with our British heritage"
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith at @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £27000 per annum + plus car and excellent benefits, Stevenage