Ronaldo to star in Facebook challenge for Castrol documentary
Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portugal and Real Madrid player, is to take part in a live-streamed football challenge against fans through Facebook tomorrow (17 May), to promote the release of a Castrol-funded documentary about him on iTunes.
The documentary, called 'Ronaldo tested to the limit' and created by oil brand Castrol Edge, shows the player undertaking a series of challenges while under scientific examination.
Castrol Edge is pushing the documentary's release on iTunes this week through a social media campaign called "#RonaldoLIVE" that encourages consumers to sign up to the brand's dedicated Facebook page, www.facebook.com/castrolfootball, and challenge Ronaldo's sporting expertise.
The live-stream will come from a testing facility in Madrid, in which Ronaldo will have to receive, control and shoot a wave of footballs from chutes suspended above his head.
The first 100,000 consumers to connect to the #RonaldoLIVE Facebook app will automatically be entered into a competition to challenge Ronaldo, giving them the power to choose which goals the player must shoot into.
The action will be streamed on both Ronaldo and Castrol Edge's Facebook pages, and a supporting mini-film will be released online next week (23 March).
Castrol is an official sponsor of the Euro 2012 championships and signed Ronaldo up in 2009.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £40k, London, Soho
- Copywriter (fixed term contract) become £35-45, London
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Man Utd teams with Google for pitch-side digital competition
- Campaign Viral Chart: Edeka's 'supergeil' ad leads viral hat-trick for German retailer
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- EE launches viral homage Gold Spot campaign
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'