Ronaldo to star in Facebook challenge for Castrol documentary
Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portugal and Real Madrid player, is to take part in a live-streamed football challenge against fans through Facebook tomorrow (17 May), to promote the release of a Castrol-funded documentary about him on iTunes.
The documentary, called 'Ronaldo tested to the limit' and created by oil brand Castrol Edge, shows the player undertaking a series of challenges while under scientific examination.
Castrol Edge is pushing the documentary's release on iTunes this week through a social media campaign called "#RonaldoLIVE" that encourages consumers to sign up to the brand's dedicated Facebook page, www.facebook.com/castrolfootball, and challenge Ronaldo's sporting expertise.
The live-stream will come from a testing facility in Madrid, in which Ronaldo will have to receive, control and shoot a wave of footballs from chutes suspended above his head.
The first 100,000 consumers to connect to the #RonaldoLIVE Facebook app will automatically be entered into a competition to challenge Ronaldo, giving them the power to choose which goals the player must shoot into.
The action will be streamed on both Ronaldo and Castrol Edge's Facebook pages, and a supporting mini-film will be released online next week (23 March).
Castrol is an official sponsor of the Euro 2012 championships and signed Ronaldo up in 2009.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)