VCCP wins Laithwaites advertising account
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 May 2012 10:30AM
Laithwaites, the wine merchant, has awarded its ad account to VCCP after a review.
The business moves from Watson Phillips Norman, which did not repitch.
Laithwaites has traditionally focused its £15 million marketing budget on DM and in-store communications, but VCCP has been tasked with relaunching the brand later this year in order to build greater awareness.
The family owned company currently has more than 500,000 customers in the UK. It is run by Tony Laithwaite, who launched the business while studying in France.
The media account, handled by Carat Manchester, is not affected by the review.
Last month, Mark Roberts, the head of customer marketing at Lloyds Banking Group, joined Laithwaites as its marketing director. Roberts replaced Georgina Hewitt, who left last year.
Glenn Caton, the managing director of Laithwaites, said: "We've appointed VCCP because they are well-suited for relaunching our brand. We've tasked them with helping us build a powerful brand based on our unique approach to sourcing great value wines and delivering exceptional personal service."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive - Seiko UK Ltd. Ball & Hoolahan Not Disclosed, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers