C4's Benton heads Arena investment
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 May 2012 11:00AM
Daren Benton has been appointed to the role of head of investment at Arena Media.
Benton, previously the deputy head of strategic sales at Channel 4, will take up the post this summer, reporting to the managing director, Pedro Avery.
He will lead Arena's investment of client budgets, drive its new-business growth strategy and head buying, trading and negotiations.
The move follows the agency's recent management restructure, which saw Avery become the managing director and the former managing director Pippa Glucklich promoted to chief operating officer.
Avery said: "Daren has been a leading creative force in TV sales. His expertise will help us secure real commercial benefits for our clients."
Benton said: "I'm delighted to be joining Arena Media at an exciting time. They have a great reputation for not just focusing on price, but also the value and innovation of new ideas and concept."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne