Campaign Viral Chart: Musical flashmob plays its way to the top
A flashmob for a Danish orchestra has been shared 17,067 times this week, playing its way to the top of the latest viral chart.
The ad of the Copenhagen Philharmonic performing on the city's metro fended off competition from Activision's 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 reveal trailer' and Carlsberg's Euro-inspired 'fan academy'.
Carlsberg's 'fan academy', featuring Brian Blessed, Linford Christie and Des Lynam, was shared 10,577 times on Facebook and across the blogosphere, after its debut last weekend, placing it third.
The controversial ad from Popchips, in which Holywood actor Ashton Kutcher portrayed an Indian Bollywood producer, has dropped out of the chart after only one week in 10th position.
Elsewhere, Burger King's latest commercial, starring Aerosmith's Steven Tyler, has been shared 4,436 times, despite Burger King preventing the video from being embedded on blogs, websites and social networks.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
Due to technical issues with Twitter's API, shares from the social network were not included in the count.
1. Copenhagen Phil and Radio Klassisk 'flashmob in the Copenhagen Metro' by Makropol
17,067 shares this week
All time: 69,748 shares
2. Activision 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 reveal trailer' by 72andSunny
14,374 shares this week
All time: 141,989 shares
3. Carlsberg 'fan academy' by Fold7
10,390 shares this week
All time: 10,577 shares
4. Thinkbox 'Harvey and Rabbit' by The Red Brick Road
6,013 shares this week
All time: 19,015 shares
5. Jammie Dodgers 'a certain gooey thing' by VCCP
4,499 shares this week
All time: 7,038 shares
6. Burger King 'Steven Tyler commercial' by Mother
4,436 shares this week
All time: 32,920 shares
7. Volkswagen 'dad' by DDB UK
3,314 shares this week
All time: 3,357 shares
8. Samsung 'Brandon Jack' by Rebel Virals
3,168 shares this week
All time: 3,178 shares
9. Robopocalypse 'how to survive a robot uprising' by Epipheo Studios
1,647 shares this week
All time: 3,809 shares
10. Canadian Paralympic Committee 'unstoppable' by BBDO, Toronto
1,535 shares this week
All time: 7,525 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Social Media Manager/Content Planner createselect £40-50K pa depending on experience, Central London
- Retail Marketing Co-ordinator - Nespresso Online Resourcing £Competitive + excellent benefits, Gatwick, West Sussex
- Marketing Executive - Russian Speaking - Association Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £29000 - £31000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 - www.w Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets