Media360: MediaVest's Steve Parker on the importance of strategic insights and data
The roles of traditional planning and buying agencies in the 21st century are being increasingly redefined around strategic insights and data management, two topics underlined by Steve Parker, managing director of MediaVest at Media360 this month.
Parker, a long-time attendee of Media360 noted one of the key issues on the first day involved the surge in the amount of data now available, as highlighted in a session by MEC's David Fletcher.
He said: "The thing the conference feels they are most unprepared for is data explosion, which is slightly worrying because data explosion has happened and is happening every day."
Opening this year’s Media360 was Frank van der Post, managing director of brand and customer experience at British Airways, who had stressed the importance of trying to track the real value of the airline's new marketing activity, in terms of financial returns to the business over the next three to five years.
Parker noted this is an approach agencies are increasingly familiar with and was one Publicis Groupe's MediaVest has been trying to develop both for itself and the agencies clients.
Parker said: "[Post] used the language of a net promoter score, which I think is really valuable... We can start measuring the strength, depth, variety of our relationships with our key media owners, and also we do the same with client service.
"We [at MediaVest] use net promoter as a key measure of our relationship with client service, so I think it's real and I think many people here today are trying to employ that kind of measurement."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'