The7stars appointed by Ibiza Rocks Group for first full marketing campaign
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 18 May 2012 11:20AM
The7stars has been appointed by live music promoter Ibiza Rocks Group to handle the planning and buying of its debut marketing campaign to drive up interest in the brand, and support the launch of a new Ibiza night featuring Mark Ronson and Example.
The marketing campaign will run up until September and is aimed at driving up sales of hotel stays and tickets in Mallorca and Ibiza. It will also support the launch of Ibiza Rocks' new Friday night offering, We Are Rockstars.
Ibiza Rocks will feature artists such as Mark Ronson, Zane Lowe, Skream & Benga, Example and a host of new DJs.
The marketing activity will be running nationally across press and online, and also includes a partnership with major dance music and club culture magazine, Mixmag.
Ibiza and Mallorca Rocks advertising will appear alongside relevant features and on the Mixmag.com dedicated Ibiza hub.
The size of the account win for the7stars is unclear.
Anuschka Clarke, account director at the7stars, said: "A campaign of this scale is a first for Ibiza and Mallorca Rocks and marks the success and growth of this exciting brand.
"Heavily targeting music fans, clubbers and holiday lovers in the right places at the right time, it will drive footfall both to the hotels and the events. This is a brand that really understands its audience and what they are after, which shows in the amazing artists who will be performing this summer."
Andy McKay, chief executive officer of Ibiza Rocks Group, said: "The7stars' proposed campaign was exactly what we were looking for. They really understood our audience and how to reach them. This level of marketing activity reflects a significant expansion of our brand – now with four events per week featuring the world's greatest talent across two hotels on two islands."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne