Wickes rolls out first social media campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 May 2012 10:36AM
Wickes, the DIY retailer, has made its first foray into social media with the launch of a Facebook app, which allows fans to create a sharable digital portfolio of their DIY projects.
The My Project app, created by Jam, enables users to 'Create a New Project' and drag and drop photos into the templates available, and add tips.
They can then share these tips on Facebook and Twitter.
Keval Shah, Wickes digital marketing manager, said: "The app helps to express the real sense of pride homeowners and tradesmen get when successfully completing a project."
The app is being supported by Facebook advertising, direct email and a blogging campaign.
TV and direct has largely been the mainstay of Wickes' marketing mix, but the retailer has been expanding its digital marketing.
This is the first work Jam has done for Wickes after it was appointed as its social media agency in March.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Project Communications Manager Advanse €60,000 - €70,000 + bonus+ benefits + relocation , Amsterdam
- Lead Digital Designer Propel £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West London
- Senior Designer Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive / Member Services Exec Guru Careers £20 - 26k + Benefits, Based in Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire (LN10) - Commutable from Lincoln, Grimsby, Skegness, Boston
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show