Wickes rolls out first social media campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 May 2012 10:36AM
Wickes, the DIY retailer, has made its first foray into social media with the launch of a Facebook app, which allows fans to create a sharable digital portfolio of their DIY projects.
The My Project app, created by Jam, enables users to 'Create a New Project' and drag and drop photos into the templates available, and add tips.
They can then share these tips on Facebook and Twitter.
Keval Shah, Wickes digital marketing manager, said: "The app helps to express the real sense of pride homeowners and tradesmen get when successfully completing a project."
The app is being supported by Facebook advertising, direct email and a blogging campaign.
TV and direct has largely been the mainstay of Wickes' marketing mix, but the retailer has been expanding its digital marketing.
This is the first work Jam has done for Wickes after it was appointed as its social media agency in March.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Junior Creative Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior SEO Executive - Polish speaking AH Digital Up to £28,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Team Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £18000 per annum, East Midlands Region / Derbyshire