Zone hires TBWA's Reng as technology director
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 18 May 2012 10:51AM
Digital agency Zone has hired TBWA/Tequila Australia's technology and innovations director, Rob Reng, as technology director.
Reng in his new role will report into managing director Jon Davie and will oversee all digital production within the agency, working across clients including Coca-Cola, BT, The Economist, Bupa, National Trust, Yahoo! and Macmillan Cancer Support.
He will also work closely with chief technology officer Marc Parnell, who heads up the agency’s German office in Cologne.
Before joining TBWA, Reng was head of digital at Australian creative agency Colman Rasic, with earlier stints working on web projects for The Financial Times in London and Fairfax Media in Australia.
Davie said: "Rob brings both technical expertise and creative agency experience to Zone.
"His appointment completes our agency senior management team, which now boasts fantastic experience across the board. He has inherited a brilliant team of developers and will ensure we continue to deliver elegant, effective and award-winning technical solutions for our clients."
During his 15 years in the industry, Reng has worked for clients including Nissan, PlayStation and GlaxoSmithKline.
Last year Reng helped TBWA win a Cannes Lions for the 'My car is your car' campaign for NRMA Insurance and the IAB Creative Showcase for the Nissan 'Zen to Z' campaign.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Art Director - Doha, Qatar MCG Associates Up to GBP50,000 tax free plus benefits and relocation, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital / Print Designer - Fashion - London - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?