Nike kick-starts global football campaign starring Ribery and Neymar
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 21 May 2012 08:56AM
Nike is focusing on the new generation of football players in its 'My Time is Now' campaign, which stars Santos FC's Neymar and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.
The television campaign, created by Wieden & Kennedy, is set during a France versus Holland football game that is interrupted by waves of young players who invade the pitch to show they have the skills and hunger to take on the best players in the world, including Wesley Sneijder and Danny Welbeck.
The rising stars in the advert each wear a black and white jersey, which Cristiano Ronaldo also trys to pull on, only to realise it's too small.
Pep Guardiola, the former Barcelona manager, Laurent Blanc, World Cup winner and LeBron James, the basketball star also make guest appearances in the ad, alongside footballers including Andres Iniesta, Mesut Ozil, Gerard Pique and Javier Hernandez.
Nike premiered the ad on television during the Champions League final on Saturday (19 May).
Also promoted in the campaign is the Nike Clash Collection of boots that are designed to stand out on the pitch through their vibrant colours. They will be available to buy from 6 June.
The 'My Time is Now' campaign will be supported by digital, out-of-home and print activity.
The campaign coincides with Nike's 'The Chance' global talent search for the best upcoming players.
The search is running in 55 countries through May to August. The best 100 players will take part in global finals at FC Barcelona's youth academy.
The best 16 players will then be sent on a training tour of some of the best academy teams in the world, including Manchester United, Juventus and the US Youth National team.
One player will win a place at the Nike Academy, which is now entering its second year in partnership with the Premier League.
The media for the campaign was bought by MindShare and the campaign is expected to run through the summer.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - £60K - Fashion - Buckinghams Salt £55000 - £65000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Italian Marketing Executive, Travel, Soho Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £27000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, London
- Private Bank - Digital Marketing, eCRM Campaign & Marketing Operations Manager - Associate - London J.P.Morgan JPMorgan Chase & Co. offer an exceptional benefits program and highly competitive compensation., Knightsbridge
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'