Ogilvy & Mather chief Hugh Baillie steps down
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 21 May 2012 12:15PM
Hugh Baillie, Ogilvy & Mather's chief executive, is stepping down from the helm at the agency.
Baillie leaves the agency after two and a half years. Ogilvy Group UK chairman Paul O'Donnell will take over as the interim chief executive of the London agency until a replacement is found in due course.
During his tenure at Ogilvy UK, the agency has won clients such as a Kronenbourg and helped the network secure two big global accounts, Philips and SC Johnson, in 2011.
Baillie took over as chief executive of Ogilvy & Mather in January 2010 from Gary Leih who left the network after 16 years.
Baillie joined from Bartle Bogle Hegarty, where he was the group business director. He worked at BBH for 11 years, joining the agency as an account director before being promoted to global new business director in 2003, where he led the successful pitches for Bank of Scotland and Johnnie Walker.
Prior to BBH, Baillie worked at Grey London and Saatchi and Saatchi.
O'Donnell said: "Hugh has made a huge contribution to Ogilvy & Mather and has put the wheels in motion for significant transformational change in the agency. He will be missed."
Baillie said: "I have had a fantastic time at O&M and enjoyed working with a great team of people. Now feels the right time to move on."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - BTL / Integrated - [partnerships] - to £40k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £40k plus top benefits, pending experience, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Shopper - FMCG - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Up to £32k plus great benefits, London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Communities Research Hasson Associates £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Content Director - Social / Digital - [Drinks] - Excellent agency - to £40k+ Fill Recruitment £40k+ as well as superb benefits, London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards