Ogilvy acquires stake in Myanmar's leading agency
By Campaign Asia-Pacific, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 21 May 2012 12:09PM
WPP's Ogilvy network has acquired a stake in Myanmar's leading advertising agency Today Advertising as it looks to establish a presence in the market.
Ogilvy declined to comment on whether it had acquired a minority or majority stake in the agency.
It said it is now looking seriously at Myanmar [formerly known as Burma] as a new growth market and said there could be further announcements in the months ahead.
Paul Heath, CEO of Ogilvy Asia-Pacific, said Today Advertising had a "great reputation" in Myanmar.
He said: "We believe they are the perfect partner to work alongside us and our clients as the business potential of Asia’s newest frontier becomes apparent."
John Goodman, regional president of Ogilvy Action Asia-Pacific, who led negotiations for Ogilvy, said: "Myanmar is important because it has a population of 56 million people, abundant natural resources and sits at the crossroads between China, India and Southeast Asia.
"In colonial times, it was the most prosperous country in South-East Asia. It's highly unusual for a new market of this potential to suddenly open up."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood