Media360: Claudine Collins on being followed by Rubins and Parker
Claudine Collins, managing director of MediaCom, talks about the agency's "invigorated" new team and being followed by PHD's chief executive Daren Rubins and MediaVest's managing director Steve Parker.
Speaking at the Media360 Conference last week, Collins, who was promoted to the managing director role from the position of managing partner and head of investment in December last year, said she was loving her new role.
"It’s still new. It’s kind of four, five months in. It’s absolutely brilliant. We’ve got our new team together, we’re really invigorated and I’m loving the job, I’m really loving it," she said.
Asked whether she was speaking to any exciting new clients, Collins joked: "I’m always going after exciting new clients, always, but I’m normally followed around today by Daren Rubins and Steve Parker, keeping me away from any of their clients."
Picking out particular highs from the conference's first day, Collins named Jon O’Donnell, group commercial director at the London Evening Standard, The Independent, The Independent on Sunday and i, and Rory Sutherland, vice chairman at Ogilvy & Mather.
She said: "There have been some revelations. I haven’t seen Jon O’Donnell on a professional platform before and he was fantastic; Rory Sutherland you can’t fail to think he’s brilliant; but [there's been] some [other] really insightful insights as well.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%