Media360: Claudine Collins on being followed by Rubins and Parker
Claudine Collins, managing director of MediaCom, talks about the agency's "invigorated" new team and being followed by PHD's chief executive Daren Rubins and MediaVest's managing director Steve Parker.
Speaking at the Media360 Conference last week, Collins, who was promoted to the managing director role from the position of managing partner and head of investment in December last year, said she was loving her new role.
"It’s still new. It’s kind of four, five months in. It’s absolutely brilliant. We’ve got our new team together, we’re really invigorated and I’m loving the job, I’m really loving it," she said.
Asked whether she was speaking to any exciting new clients, Collins joked: "I’m always going after exciting new clients, always, but I’m normally followed around today by Daren Rubins and Steve Parker, keeping me away from any of their clients."
Picking out particular highs from the conference's first day, Collins named Jon O’Donnell, group commercial director at the London Evening Standard, The Independent, The Independent on Sunday and i, and Rory Sutherland, vice chairman at Ogilvy & Mather.
She said: "There have been some revelations. I haven’t seen Jon O’Donnell on a professional platform before and he was fantastic; Rory Sutherland you can’t fail to think he’s brilliant; but [there's been] some [other] really insightful insights as well.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Better Placed Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- Senior Producer/ Project Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Designer - Suffolk ASG £25,000, Suffolk
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Argos reviews £55 million ad account
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard