Media360: Claudine Collins on being followed by Rubins and Parker
Claudine Collins, managing director of MediaCom, talks about the agency's "invigorated" new team and being followed by PHD's chief executive Daren Rubins and MediaVest's managing director Steve Parker.
Speaking at the Media360 Conference last week, Collins, who was promoted to the managing director role from the position of managing partner and head of investment in December last year, said she was loving her new role.
"It’s still new. It’s kind of four, five months in. It’s absolutely brilliant. We’ve got our new team together, we’re really invigorated and I’m loving the job, I’m really loving it," she said.
Asked whether she was speaking to any exciting new clients, Collins joked: "I’m always going after exciting new clients, always, but I’m normally followed around today by Daren Rubins and Steve Parker, keeping me away from any of their clients."
Picking out particular highs from the conference's first day, Collins named Jon O’Donnell, group commercial director at the London Evening Standard, The Independent, The Independent on Sunday and i, and Rory Sutherland, vice chairman at Ogilvy & Mather.
She said: "There have been some revelations. I haven’t seen Jon O’Donnell on a professional platform before and he was fantastic; Rory Sutherland you can’t fail to think he’s brilliant; but [there's been] some [other] really insightful insights as well.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Designer Digital Gurus £25000 - £32000 Per Annum Great Benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer | Fashion Nu Creative Talent negotiable, London (South), London (Greater)
- Biddable Media Exec - PPC Propel £30000 - £35000 per annum + BENEFITS, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated marketing Stonor £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience , Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire / London (West), London (Greater)
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB