Media360: Claudine Collins on being followed by Rubins and Parker
Claudine Collins, managing director of MediaCom, talks about the agency's "invigorated" new team and being followed by PHD's chief executive Daren Rubins and MediaVest's managing director Steve Parker.
Speaking at the Media360 Conference last week, Collins, who was promoted to the managing director role from the position of managing partner and head of investment in December last year, said she was loving her new role.
"It’s still new. It’s kind of four, five months in. It’s absolutely brilliant. We’ve got our new team together, we’re really invigorated and I’m loving the job, I’m really loving it," she said.
Asked whether she was speaking to any exciting new clients, Collins joked: "I’m always going after exciting new clients, always, but I’m normally followed around today by Daren Rubins and Steve Parker, keeping me away from any of their clients."
Picking out particular highs from the conference's first day, Collins named Jon O’Donnell, group commercial director at the London Evening Standard, The Independent, The Independent on Sunday and i, and Rory Sutherland, vice chairman at Ogilvy & Mather.
She said: "There have been some revelations. I haven’t seen Jon O’Donnell on a professional platform before and he was fantastic; Rory Sutherland you can’t fail to think he’s brilliant; but [there's been] some [other] really insightful insights as well.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- TV Account Executive- £26K Ultimate Asset £24000 - £26000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £34000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Buyer Planner/Senior Buyer Planner Premier Media £22000 - £28000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sky Brand Manager - Brand Development Sky negotiable, Isleworth, London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad