Microsoft prepares MSN UK 'Best of now' campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 May 2012 08:30AM
Microsoft is aiming to increase visitor numbers to MSN UK with its first consumer-facing campaign for the portal, as part of a fresh 'Best of now' positioning based on its real-time content.
The MSN push centres on a 60-second video, featuring a series of 3D graphics and a voiceover claiming that MSN stands for ‘real-time’ technology and journalism. The clip, which breaks next week, will be shown as a pre-roll around ITVPlayer and 4oD content, and will be seeded across entertainment and lifestyle sites.
MSN is also launching its first Facebook campaign with a ‘Now Calculator’ app that tests users’ current-affairs knowledge.
Pete Clifton, MSN executive producer and a former BBC online editor, told Marketing the revamped positioning is intended to promote the portal’s proposition of ‘moulding editorial to real-time trend data’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media