Microsoft prepares MSN UK 'Best of now' campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 May 2012 08:30AM
Microsoft is aiming to increase visitor numbers to MSN UK with its first consumer-facing campaign for the portal, as part of a fresh 'Best of now' positioning based on its real-time content.
The MSN push centres on a 60-second video, featuring a series of 3D graphics and a voiceover claiming that MSN stands for ‘real-time’ technology and journalism. The clip, which breaks next week, will be shown as a pre-roll around ITVPlayer and 4oD content, and will be seeded across entertainment and lifestyle sites.
MSN is also launching its first Facebook campaign with a ‘Now Calculator’ app that tests users’ current-affairs knowledge.
Pete Clifton, MSN executive producer and a former BBC online editor, told Marketing the revamped positioning is intended to promote the portal’s proposition of ‘moulding editorial to real-time trend data’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Publishing Partners) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Incentive + Company Benefits Package,