Dove seeks 'brand love' with strategic shift to Facebook
Unilever is switching the focus of its Dove marketing strategy to Facebook, saying it views the site as the best platform to develop "brand love", as it continues to encourage "eye-to-eye connections" with its audience.
Fernando Machado, global brand development vice-president, Dove Skin, said the social-media network is key to engaging with consumers one-on-one, despite the difficulty in measuring ROI.
He said: "I didn’t make the call on developing this based on ROI, it was based on community.
"Other brands think advertising on Facebook doesn’t pay back, but for Dove, this is the right thing to do."
The company has rolled out a "Dove ad makeover" Facebook app in the UK after it tested well in Brazil and Australia.
The app allows users to replace "negative" ads for products such as weight-loss supplements with "positive" Dove ads that boost the recipient's self-esteem and have been paid for by the brand.
The activity will support upcoming above-the-line marketing for Dove's 'Campaign for Real Beauty' initiative.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account