BA names Hamish McVey as head of brands
British Airways has promoted Hamish McVey from brand and design manager to head of brands and engagement.
McVey has replaced Abigail Comber, who was promoted in January this year to the position of head of brands and marketing at the airline, after playing an integral role leading the 'To Fly. To Serve' brand campaign.
Comber continues to report to Frank van der Post, managing director, brands and customer experience.
McVey will be responsible for defining BA's brand and communicating it consistently across the airline's global markets. He will lead the strategy and delivery for the overall British Airways brand, reporting to Comber.
McVey has been promoted from his previous position of brand and design manager at British Airways. He joined the airline in 2008 as the Club World brand manager, responsible for developing the airline's long-haul business.
Abigail Comber, head of brands and marketing, said: "This is a critical role in ensuring that we keep up the momentum and communicate our story with customers, giving them a consistent brand experience wherever they may be travelling to or from with British Airways."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith at @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel