EDF adds brand character to Olympics reward-scheme push
EDF Energy is running a TV campaign starring its orange blob brand character in an athletics-themed ad promoting its Thank Yous customer reward scheme.
The 30-second television spot features the brand character dreaming of athletics, before being joined by glittering dancers in a golden finale with showers of tickets and fireworks.
Creative is by Abbot Mead Vickers and set to the 1980s track, 'Take on Me'.
London 2012 sponsor EDF is running the ad as the first instalment of its 'Feel Better Energy' positioning that offers each customer a reward every month with tickets for the Olympics up for grabs.
The 'Feel Better Energy' campaign was launched in April with a 60-second television ad pushing the brand's low-carbon claims and introduced the new brand character, a small dancing robot in the shape of an orange blob that is meant to embody 'Feel Better Energy'.
EDF followed the execution with a 30-second ad promoting its new residential tariff, Blue +Price Promise, which provides electricity backed by nuclear power.
Cameron Hughes, head of Brand at EDF Energy, said: "We've been really pleased with the positive response to our recent 'Feel Better Energy' advertising and in particular, to our new brand character.
"Bringing together 'Thank Yous', our new character, and our partnership with London 2012, we believe this new campaign has all the ingredients to make viewers ‘feel better’".
The 'Thank Yous' ad campaign will run on terrestrial and digital channels for eight weeks.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London