Beckham channels Beethoven in Samsung viral campaign
Samsung has released an online video for the Galaxy Note mobile phone starring former Manchester United and Real Madrid footballer David Beckham.
The video features Beckham recreating the melody of Beethoven's 'Ode to Joy' by kicking footballs against a wall of drums.
Beckham uses the Galaxy Note, which Samsung is positioning as a mobile and tablet computer hybrid, to plan the sequence of kicks needed to reproduce the melody.
He then uses the phone's S Pen to annotate a photograph and post it on Facebook.
Cheil USA created the film, which is live on owned, paid and earned media channels, including Beckham's Facebook page, which has 18 million fans.
The creative team behind the ad included: Lars Bastholm, chief creative officer; Adam Wohl, group creative director; Leo Vladimirsky, copywriter, and Tom Morhous, art director.
The film was produced by Tool and directed by Jason Zada.
The Galaxy Note push accompanies the 'Take Part' campaign, which focuses on Samsung's Olympic sponsorship.
Samsung is due to demonstrate its latest products, including the Galaxy Note, in the Olympic Village and throughout London for the duration of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency