Beckham channels Beethoven in Samsung viral campaign
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 May 2012 09:15AM
Samsung has released an online video for the Galaxy Note mobile phone starring former Manchester United and Real Madrid footballer David Beckham.
The video features Beckham recreating the melody of Beethoven's 'Ode to Joy' by kicking footballs against a wall of drums.
Beckham uses the Galaxy Note, which Samsung is positioning as a mobile and tablet computer hybrid, to plan the sequence of kicks needed to reproduce the melody.
He then uses the phone's S Pen to annotate a photograph and post it on Facebook.
Cheil USA created the film, which is live on owned, paid and earned media channels, including Beckham's Facebook page, which has 18 million fans.
The creative team behind the ad included: Lars Bastholm, chief creative officer; Adam Wohl, group creative director; Leo Vladimirsky, copywriter, and Tom Morhous, art director.
The film was produced by Tool and directed by Jason Zada.
The Galaxy Note push accompanies the 'Take Part' campaign, which focuses on Samsung's Olympic sponsorship.
Samsung is due to demonstrate its latest products, including the Galaxy Note, in the Olympic Village and throughout London for the duration of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show