Beckham channels Beethoven in Samsung viral campaign
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 May 2012 09:15AM
Samsung has released an online video for the Galaxy Note mobile phone starring former Manchester United and Real Madrid footballer David Beckham.
The video features Beckham recreating the melody of Beethoven's 'Ode to Joy' by kicking footballs against a wall of drums.
Beckham uses the Galaxy Note, which Samsung is positioning as a mobile and tablet computer hybrid, to plan the sequence of kicks needed to reproduce the melody.
He then uses the phone's S Pen to annotate a photograph and post it on Facebook.
Cheil USA created the film, which is live on owned, paid and earned media channels, including Beckham's Facebook page, which has 18 million fans.
The creative team behind the ad included: Lars Bastholm, chief creative officer; Adam Wohl, group creative director; Leo Vladimirsky, copywriter, and Tom Morhous, art director.
The film was produced by Tool and directed by Jason Zada.
The Galaxy Note push accompanies the 'Take Part' campaign, which focuses on Samsung's Olympic sponsorship.
Samsung is due to demonstrate its latest products, including the Galaxy Note, in the Olympic Village and throughout London for the duration of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director - Brand Activation Agency ADLIB £40000 - £40005 per annum, Dorset
- Senior Account Manager - Brand Activation Agency ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Bournemouth
- Senior Manager Commercial Insights Nigel Wright Recruitment Competitive + Bonus + Benefits, East Midlands