Vimto partners with Vevo to target teens
Vimto, the Nichols-owned soft-drinks brand, has struck a strategic partnership with music video provider Vevo in a move to target teens by shifting its marketing efforts to digital platforms.
The tie-up will be promoted through a campaign that builds on the brand's 'Seriously Mixed Up Fruit' messaging.
Vimto will run a heavyweight digital campaign from next month across music sites Spotify and we7, and teenage online network MTV, until September.
The tie-up marks the first time that Vimto has partnered with Vevo.
Vimto will also become the main sponsor of an exclusive music release, claiming the deal will give the brand "access to the 12 million unique visitors that stream around 180 million videos each month". However, the music artist involved has not yet been named.
The campaign will drive consumers to the Vimto Facebook page, where they can access new content and a new branded game.
Vimto will also renew its partnership with online advertiser InSkin Media to create a further wave of branded online games in a multimedia promotion.
Clare Pritchard, brand manager, Vimto said: "This campaign builds on major investment in digital marketing for Vimto over the last year, to engage with teens in a relevant environment using platforms that will excite them."
According to Nielsen, Vimto reported sales of £23.5m in 2011, up 1.8% on the year.
Compared to other carbonated drinks, sales of Vimto are relatively small.
Market leader Coca-Cola registered sales of £1.13bn in 2011, ahead of Pepsi with sales of £312.8m, and third-placed Fanta with sales of £119.8m.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith at @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Domino's £Six figure package + Car + Benefits, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Digital Account Director - FMCG Aspire £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Brand Strategy & Sponsorship Telefonica Up to £100k + Car Allowance + 20% Bonus + Package, Berkshire
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager Beyond The Book £30000.00 - £37000.00 per annum, South East England / Oxfordshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film