Ryder Cup appoints Grayling to handle international comms
By Matt Cartmell, prweek.com, Wednesday, 23 May 2012 03:09PM
Ryder Cup Europe has appointed Grayling to manage international comms for the next home staging in Gleneagles.
The agency will handle comms in the run up to and during the major sporting event at the Gleneagles Hotel in Perthshire, Scotland, in September 2014.
The appointment was made following a pitch process.
Grayling will manage a programme focusing on Scotland, the rest of the UK and Europe, working with specialist golf PR agency Landmark Media International.
Grayling global chief executive Michael Murphy said: ‘As one of the world’s premier sporting events we believe that The Ryder Cup’s reputation and appeal can be further developed in many ways, leaving a lasting legacy for Scotland and building momentum towards France in 2018.’
The Ryder Cup director Richard Hills added: 'The selection process was extremely competitive but Grayling and Landmark Media International ticked all the important boxes for us. We are confident they will help us, in tandem with our fellow stakeholders The Gleneagles Hotel and the Scottish Government, achieve all our key objectives over the next two years.’
In addition to promoting The 2014 Ryder Cup, the programme will also include a focus on the French market to pave the way for the 2018 event at Le Golf National in Paris, and possible future editions of The Ryder Cup in mainland Europe.
Grayling’s Scottish team, based in Edinburgh, will provide a press office and support the stakeholder engagement programme, while the company’s London office will lead the European media relations programme.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London