Beiersdorf kicks off £110m pan-Euro media review
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 08:00AM
Beiersdorf, the cosmetics giant that owns the Nivea skincare brand, has called a review of its estimated £110m pan-European media account.
It is understood that an RFI was issued this week from Beiersdorf’s procurement department in Hamburg to kick-start a process that is due to conclude in the second half of the year.
Carat is the long-standing incumbent on the business, having won the consolidated pan-European account after a review in 1998.
The Aegis-owned network has since strengthened its relationship with Beiersdorf with the capture, in 2010, of the $100m US media account from OMD. It had previously won the Beiersdorf account in its home market of Germany, where OMD was also the incumbent.
The UK spend on the account is £23m, according to Nielsen. Aside from Nivea, other Beiersdorf products include Elastoplast, Maestro, Slek and Eucerin.
Carat won last year’s Media Campaign of the Year at the Campaign Media Awards for its Nivea activity on ASOS.
The media review follows the appointment of DraftFCB to handle its global $700m creative business in 2010.
Recent activity includes a £1m campaign to support the Nivea For Men Sensitive range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planning Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB