Arcadia starts £4m media agency contest
Arcadia, the retail group owned by Sir Philip Green, is reviewing its £4 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Carat.
The parent group of BHS, Topshop and Topman is understood to have approached media agencies ahead of a pitch through the consultant Rania Robinson.
Carat was appointed to the BHS media account in January 2010 without a pitch after the merger of BHS into Arcadia the previous year. It was the media agency of record for other Arcadia brands before this appointment.
The bulk of Arcadia’s spend is focused on BHS, which accounts for around £3.5 million, while Topshop and Topman together spend around £600,000, according to figures from Nielsen.
In September last year, Arcadia appointed Cheethambell JWT to handle the BHS creative account. Grey London has also worked on projects for Arcadia brands, creating fast-turnaround ads to support sales.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Coordinator, Events, London - £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Midweight Copywriter | Fashion/Luxury Brands | Central London Red Sofa London £25000 - £35000 per annum + dependant on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £400000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show