Arcadia starts £4m media agency contest
Arcadia, the retail group owned by Sir Philip Green, is reviewing its £4 million media planning and buying account, currently held by Carat.
The parent group of BHS, Topshop and Topman is understood to have approached media agencies ahead of a pitch through the consultant Rania Robinson.
Carat was appointed to the BHS media account in January 2010 without a pitch after the merger of BHS into Arcadia the previous year. It was the media agency of record for other Arcadia brands before this appointment.
The bulk of Arcadia’s spend is focused on BHS, which accounts for around £3.5 million, while Topshop and Topman together spend around £600,000, according to figures from Nielsen.
In September last year, Arcadia appointed Cheethambell JWT to handle the BHS creative account. Grey London has also worked on projects for Arcadia brands, creating fast-turnaround ads to support sales.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social and Content Director - Client-side! Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Digital Planner - Shopper - Retail / FMCG - paying to £40k Fill Recruitment to £40k plus top benefits, including a 20% bonus opportunity, London (Greater)
- Freelance Designer Source £150 - £250 per day, London
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media