Lufthansa introduces Berlin routes
Lufthansa has created a digital and direct marketing campaign to promote its newest route to Germany and encourage travellers to take short breaks to Berlin.
The campaign by Space highlights new daily direct flights from Manchester and Birmingham to Berlin from 3 June. The activity runs under the strapline "Wilkommen to Berlin".
It comprises of targeted radio advertising within the Manchester and Birmingham areas, experiential activity at the Bullring, Birmingham, student marketing initiatives across the two universities campuses and social media activity, supported by direct mail activity.
Additional pre-launch activity will see CRM, direct and email marketing activity outlining the values and benefits of Lufthansa as an airline carrier, while pegging Berlin as an "unexpected destination".
Dirk Schreier, marketing and pricing manager, Lufthansa UK & Ireland, said: "The team at Space has clearly demonstrated they have the right experience and breadth of skills to help us increase the number of UK leisure travellers choosing Lufthansa to fly them to Berlin.
"I’ve been encouraged to see their passion and enthusiasm for our plans, as well as their creative approach to the assessment of available media channels, all of which will be essential in attracting and engaging with our target audiences for 2012 and beyond."
The marketing activity comes after Lufthansa sold its loss-making UK regional and international airline BMI to International Airlines Group.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Strategy & Consumer Insight Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South West England
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film