Lufthansa introduces Berlin routes
Lufthansa has created a digital and direct marketing campaign to promote its newest route to Germany and encourage travellers to take short breaks to Berlin.
The campaign by Space highlights new daily direct flights from Manchester and Birmingham to Berlin from 3 June. The activity runs under the strapline "Wilkommen to Berlin".
It comprises of targeted radio advertising within the Manchester and Birmingham areas, experiential activity at the Bullring, Birmingham, student marketing initiatives across the two universities campuses and social media activity, supported by direct mail activity.
Additional pre-launch activity will see CRM, direct and email marketing activity outlining the values and benefits of Lufthansa as an airline carrier, while pegging Berlin as an "unexpected destination".
Dirk Schreier, marketing and pricing manager, Lufthansa UK & Ireland, said: "The team at Space has clearly demonstrated they have the right experience and breadth of skills to help us increase the number of UK leisure travellers choosing Lufthansa to fly them to Berlin.
"I’ve been encouraged to see their passion and enthusiasm for our plans, as well as their creative approach to the assessment of available media channels, all of which will be essential in attracting and engaging with our target audiences for 2012 and beyond."
The marketing activity comes after Lufthansa sold its loss-making UK regional and international airline BMI to International Airlines Group.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Insight and Analytics Consultant Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure