Lufthansa introduces Berlin routes
Lufthansa has created a digital and direct marketing campaign to promote its newest route to Germany and encourage travellers to take short breaks to Berlin.
The campaign by Space highlights new daily direct flights from Manchester and Birmingham to Berlin from 3 June. The activity runs under the strapline "Wilkommen to Berlin".
It comprises of targeted radio advertising within the Manchester and Birmingham areas, experiential activity at the Bullring, Birmingham, student marketing initiatives across the two universities campuses and social media activity, supported by direct mail activity.
Additional pre-launch activity will see CRM, direct and email marketing activity outlining the values and benefits of Lufthansa as an airline carrier, while pegging Berlin as an "unexpected destination".
Dirk Schreier, marketing and pricing manager, Lufthansa UK & Ireland, said: "The team at Space has clearly demonstrated they have the right experience and breadth of skills to help us increase the number of UK leisure travellers choosing Lufthansa to fly them to Berlin.
"I’ve been encouraged to see their passion and enthusiasm for our plans, as well as their creative approach to the assessment of available media channels, all of which will be essential in attracting and engaging with our target audiences for 2012 and beyond."
The marketing activity comes after Lufthansa sold its loss-making UK regional and international airline BMI to International Airlines Group.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London