Thomas Cook appoints chief executive
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 09:18AM
Thomas Cook has appointed a new group chief executive, ending its search for a permanent replacement for Manny Fontenla-Novoa.
Harriet Green, currently chief executive of Premier Farnell, the Leeds-based engineering company, has been appointed to the role. She is also a non-executive director of BAE Systems.
She will join the company on 30 July.
Green replaces interim chief executive Sam Weihagen, who took over from Fontenla-Novoa when he resigned from Thomas Cook last August, following three profits warning in a single year.
Weihagen will remain with the board until 30 September.
Frank Meysman, Thomas Cook chairman, said of Green "I am confident that she will be an excellent leader for the group management team as we continue our transformation."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood