Thomas Cook appoints chief executive
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 09:18AM
Thomas Cook has appointed a new group chief executive, ending its search for a permanent replacement for Manny Fontenla-Novoa.
Harriet Green, currently chief executive of Premier Farnell, the Leeds-based engineering company, has been appointed to the role. She is also a non-executive director of BAE Systems.
She will join the company on 30 July.
Green replaces interim chief executive Sam Weihagen, who took over from Fontenla-Novoa when he resigned from Thomas Cook last August, following three profits warning in a single year.
Weihagen will remain with the board until 30 September.
Frank Meysman, Thomas Cook chairman, said of Green "I am confident that she will be an excellent leader for the group management team as we continue our transformation."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building