Thomas Cook appoints chief executive
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 09:18AM
Thomas Cook has appointed a new group chief executive, ending its search for a permanent replacement for Manny Fontenla-Novoa.
Harriet Green, currently chief executive of Premier Farnell, the Leeds-based engineering company, has been appointed to the role. She is also a non-executive director of BAE Systems.
She will join the company on 30 July.
Green replaces interim chief executive Sam Weihagen, who took over from Fontenla-Novoa when he resigned from Thomas Cook last August, following three profits warning in a single year.
Weihagen will remain with the board until 30 September.
Frank Meysman, Thomas Cook chairman, said of Green "I am confident that she will be an excellent leader for the group management team as we continue our transformation."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £to attract the best, London (North), London (Greater)
- DIGITAL MEDIA MANAGER - EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director - global branding agency JEFFERSON £45-60k plus a large array of benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)