Guinness seeks agency for direct and digital business
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:50AM
Guinness is seeking a shop to handle its digital and direct accounts as it looks to consolidate its agency arrangements in Western Europe.
The Diageo-owned brand has contacted agencies directly about the review. The appointed agency is expected to work on digital and direct activity across the region, including in the UK.
TMW currently handles the Guinness UK digital and direct business.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, the brand's global advertising agency, has also created online activity as part of its broader campaigns.
Last year, TMW launched Guinness' first-ever iAd campaign. The ad began with a narrator promising to show the user where the best nights out were. It then split into four sections – pubs, gigs, comedy and sports – suggesting events and venues based on the user's location. The ad allowed users to overcome the problem of ordering a drink in a noisy pub by selecting an image of how many pints of Guinness they wanted to order from bar staff.
AMV BBDO was behind the Guinness online film for St Patrick's Day that featured friends herding together like sheep in activity that encouraged men to "round up their mates".
The film showed the men navigating potential obstructions, such as girls on a dance floor, until they reach their final destination – a pub that serves Guinness.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- International Search Manager (SEO / PPC) - Client - London Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 Per Annum benefits, London
- Account Manager - eCRM & email, global brand, lots of creative and campaign execution Ramsden Road c.£28 - £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand and Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Southampton
- Digital Creative Team, mid weight. Cutting edge brands leading London Digital Agency c.£35k each Ramsden Road c£35k each, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media