BetVictor appoints VCCP for creative
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:35AM
BetVictor, the online betting brand owned by Victor Chandler, has hired VCCP to handle its advertising account.
The agency won the business after a four-way pitch managed by Oystercatchers. The account moves from Home, which had worked on the business since 2011.
The review follows the decision to rebrand the company from Victor Chandler to BetVictor across its European operations in January.
Home was responsible for using the TV presenter Paddy McGuinness in BetVictor's advertising. The most recent campaign, which launched in January, centred around McGuinness' insistence that the brand needed a "gimmick" while the chairman, Chandler, reeled off a list of prices and offers that beat those of its competitors.
BetVictor offers an online casino experience as well as sports betting. The company was founded in 1946 by the father of the current chairman, who was also called Victor Chandler.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - Leading Gaming & Confectionery Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control