BetVictor appoints VCCP for creative
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:35AM
BetVictor, the online betting brand owned by Victor Chandler, has hired VCCP to handle its advertising account.
The agency won the business after a four-way pitch managed by Oystercatchers. The account moves from Home, which had worked on the business since 2011.
The review follows the decision to rebrand the company from Victor Chandler to BetVictor across its European operations in January.
Home was responsible for using the TV presenter Paddy McGuinness in BetVictor's advertising. The most recent campaign, which launched in January, centred around McGuinness' insistence that the brand needed a "gimmick" while the chairman, Chandler, reeled off a list of prices and offers that beat those of its competitors.
BetVictor offers an online casino experience as well as sports betting. The company was founded in 1946 by the father of the current chairman, who was also called Victor Chandler.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Services Director, Global Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Account Director- Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up