BetVictor appoints VCCP for creative
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:35AM
BetVictor, the online betting brand owned by Victor Chandler, has hired VCCP to handle its advertising account.
The agency won the business after a four-way pitch managed by Oystercatchers. The account moves from Home, which had worked on the business since 2011.
The review follows the decision to rebrand the company from Victor Chandler to BetVictor across its European operations in January.
Home was responsible for using the TV presenter Paddy McGuinness in BetVictor's advertising. The most recent campaign, which launched in January, centred around McGuinness' insistence that the brand needed a "gimmick" while the chairman, Chandler, reeled off a list of prices and offers that beat those of its competitors.
BetVictor offers an online casino experience as well as sports betting. The company was founded in 1946 by the father of the current chairman, who was also called Victor Chandler.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Off Oxford Street Agency Fill Recruitment to £55k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- CRM Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline