BetVictor appoints VCCP for creative
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:35AM
BetVictor, the online betting brand owned by Victor Chandler, has hired VCCP to handle its advertising account.
The agency won the business after a four-way pitch managed by Oystercatchers. The account moves from Home, which had worked on the business since 2011.
The review follows the decision to rebrand the company from Victor Chandler to BetVictor across its European operations in January.
Home was responsible for using the TV presenter Paddy McGuinness in BetVictor's advertising. The most recent campaign, which launched in January, centred around McGuinness' insistence that the brand needed a "gimmick" while the chairman, Chandler, reeled off a list of prices and offers that beat those of its competitors.
BetVictor offers an online casino experience as well as sports betting. The company was founded in 1946 by the father of the current chairman, who was also called Victor Chandler.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile