Clifford named Newsworks strategy director
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:45AM
Vanessa Clifford, the head of press at Mindshare, is joining the national press marketing body, Newsworks, as its director of client services and strategy.
Her appointment to the new role, which involves overseeing the organisation's relationships with media agencies and advertisers, follows the decision to rebrand from its former name of the Newspaper Marketing Agency earlier this week.
Clifford will report to Rufus Olins, the chief executive of Newsworks. She is expected to start her new role in late summer or early autumn, although an exact date has yet to be confirmed.
Clifford has held the position of head of press at Mindshare since 2008 and is also a managing partner at the WPP-owned agency. Before Mindshare, she was an associate director at MediaVest between 1995 and 2000.
The NMA relaunched as Newsworks this week to reflect the variety of platforms that newspaper brands use in addition to the printed format. McCann London has created a campaign to support the relaunch.
Olins said: "Vanessa brings with her a passion for the industry and its changing role in the new media landscape."
Clifford said: "I look forward to demonstrating the strengths and relevance of all of news brands, in all the platforms, in the media mix and the role that they will continue to play in consumers' lives."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Consultant (B2B) / Candidate Manager (PR) - Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Great bonus + benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Director of Product Management Premier Consultants c. £120,000 plus benefits and bonus, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - FMCG - £65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, Central London
- Marketing Manager - Award Winning ISP Zen Internet £37,000 to £42,000 + benefits, Rochdale, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - Retail - £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Central London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith