Clifford named Newsworks strategy director
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:45AM
Vanessa Clifford, the head of press at Mindshare, is joining the national press marketing body, Newsworks, as its director of client services and strategy.
Her appointment to the new role, which involves overseeing the organisation's relationships with media agencies and advertisers, follows the decision to rebrand from its former name of the Newspaper Marketing Agency earlier this week.
Clifford will report to Rufus Olins, the chief executive of Newsworks. She is expected to start her new role in late summer or early autumn, although an exact date has yet to be confirmed.
Clifford has held the position of head of press at Mindshare since 2008 and is also a managing partner at the WPP-owned agency. Before Mindshare, she was an associate director at MediaVest between 1995 and 2000.
The NMA relaunched as Newsworks this week to reflect the variety of platforms that newspaper brands use in addition to the printed format. McCann London has created a campaign to support the relaunch.
Olins said: "Vanessa brings with her a passion for the industry and its changing role in the new media landscape."
Clifford said: "I look forward to demonstrating the strengths and relevance of all of news brands, in all the platforms, in the media mix and the role that they will continue to play in consumers' lives."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + + car allowance , Romford
- Designer [Shopper Marketing] - FMCG Client - London agency - £28k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £28k, Central London
- Marketing Asssitant RoDO Ltd Competitive, Greater Manchester
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'