WPP appoints Deborah Kerr to head Team News
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:30AM
WPP has appointed Deborah Kerr to oversee Team News, its new agency unit that launched to service the News International business.
Kerr's title is unconfirmed but she is expected to act as the managing director of Team News, which brings together resource from the WPP agencies Grey, M/SIX, OgilvyOne and Ogilvy Change.
She will report to WPP's director of strategy and the chief executive of WPP Digtal, Mark Read. Team News will act as an integrated agency with a single P&L and be part-located at News International's offices in Wapping.
Before Team News, Kerr, who has been out of the ad industry for the past three years, worked at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO as its marketing director and sat on its management board for five years until 2009. Before that, she worked at TBWA\London as its managing partner for 11 years.
The WPP agencies were appointed last month to handle the consolidated £28 million News International account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- UX Consultant (Mid-weight) Source £45000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits, London
- Senior Account Director Purple Consultancy £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Global Digital Brand Content Lead - 6-Month Contract - Day-Rate Salt £200 - £275 per day + DOE, Middlesex
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £44000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000-£25000 doe, Nuneaton
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency