WPP appoints Deborah Kerr to head Team News
WPP has appointed Deborah Kerr to oversee Team News, its new agency unit that launched to service the News International business.
Kerr's title is unconfirmed but she is expected to act as the managing director of Team News, which brings together resource from the WPP agencies Grey, M/SIX, OgilvyOne and Ogilvy Change.
She will report to WPP's director of strategy and the chief executive of WPP Digtal, Mark Read. Team News will act as an integrated agency with a single P&L and be part-located at News International's offices in Wapping.
Before Team News, Kerr, who has been out of the ad industry for the past three years, worked at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO as its marketing director and sat on its management board for five years until 2009. Before that, she worked at TBWA\London as its managing partner for 11 years.
The WPP agencies were appointed last month to handle the consolidated £28 million News International account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Search / Biddable Exec - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum up to £30,000 + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad