WPP appoints Deborah Kerr to head Team News
WPP has appointed Deborah Kerr to oversee Team News, its new agency unit that launched to service the News International business.
Kerr's title is unconfirmed but she is expected to act as the managing director of Team News, which brings together resource from the WPP agencies Grey, M/SIX, OgilvyOne and Ogilvy Change.
She will report to WPP's director of strategy and the chief executive of WPP Digtal, Mark Read. Team News will act as an integrated agency with a single P&L and be part-located at News International's offices in Wapping.
Before Team News, Kerr, who has been out of the ad industry for the past three years, worked at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO as its marketing director and sat on its management board for five years until 2009. Before that, she worked at TBWA\London as its managing partner for 11 years.
The WPP agencies were appointed last month to handle the consolidated £28 million News International account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Buyer Planner/Senior Buyer Planner Premier Media £22000 - £28000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sky Brand Manager - Brand Development Sky negotiable, Isleworth, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive Ninesharp £135 - £140 per day, Kensington and Chelsea, London (Greater)
- Digital Producer / Account Manager - Creative Services EMEA Silverdrum £45,000 - £50,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London...
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad