WPP appoints Deborah Kerr to head Team News
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 10:30AM
WPP has appointed Deborah Kerr to oversee Team News, its new agency unit that launched to service the News International business.
Kerr's title is unconfirmed but she is expected to act as the managing director of Team News, which brings together resource from the WPP agencies Grey, M/SIX, OgilvyOne and Ogilvy Change.
She will report to WPP's director of strategy and the chief executive of WPP Digtal, Mark Read. Team News will act as an integrated agency with a single P&L and be part-located at News International's offices in Wapping.
Before Team News, Kerr, who has been out of the ad industry for the past three years, worked at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO as its marketing director and sat on its management board for five years until 2009. Before that, she worked at TBWA\London as its managing partner for 11 years.
The WPP agencies were appointed last month to handle the consolidated £28 million News International account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers