WPP appoints Deborah Kerr to head Team News
WPP has appointed Deborah Kerr to oversee Team News, its new agency unit that launched to service the News International business.
Kerr's title is unconfirmed but she is expected to act as the managing director of Team News, which brings together resource from the WPP agencies Grey, M/SIX, OgilvyOne and Ogilvy Change.
She will report to WPP's director of strategy and the chief executive of WPP Digtal, Mark Read. Team News will act as an integrated agency with a single P&L and be part-located at News International's offices in Wapping.
Before Team News, Kerr, who has been out of the ad industry for the past three years, worked at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO as its marketing director and sat on its management board for five years until 2009. Before that, she worked at TBWA\London as its managing partner for 11 years.
The WPP agencies were appointed last month to handle the consolidated £28 million News International account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Affiliate Account Manager - German Betting Appointments £30000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- eCommerce Operations Executive - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bristol
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + car allowance, Newport Pagnell
- Category Executive - FMCG Brand Recruitment £Competitive , Peterborough
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency