WPP appoints Deborah Kerr to head Team News
WPP has appointed Deborah Kerr to oversee Team News, its new agency unit that launched to service the News International business.
Kerr's title is unconfirmed but she is expected to act as the managing director of Team News, which brings together resource from the WPP agencies Grey, M/SIX, OgilvyOne and Ogilvy Change.
She will report to WPP's director of strategy and the chief executive of WPP Digtal, Mark Read. Team News will act as an integrated agency with a single P&L and be part-located at News International's offices in Wapping.
Before Team News, Kerr, who has been out of the ad industry for the past three years, worked at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO as its marketing director and sat on its management board for five years until 2009. Before that, she worked at TBWA\London as its managing partner for 11 years.
The WPP agencies were appointed last month to handle the consolidated £28 million News International account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Creative Artworker createselect £20-25K pa, depending on experieince, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Artworker createselect £25-30K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Source £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Source £25000 - £30000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles