campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 08:00AM
Tesco has picked the lucky contenders that will pitch for its £110 million ad account. JWT, TBWA Group, VCCP and Wieden & Kennedy are the successful agencies. W&K's involvement hasn't emerged until now, but it was on the original longlist. We hear that TBWA, led by its Manchester team, in particular shone at the chemistry meeting stage. Karmarama, McCann Erickson, SapientNitro and WCRS were all knocked out of the process, handled through Oystercatchers, after the chemistry meetings.
The £50 million pitch for Tesco's rival The Co-operative took place this week, with CHI & Partners, DDB UK, Leo Burnett and Now presenting on Wednesday and Thursday in a process that is handled by AAR.
London agencies joined BBC executives and Breakfast guests in first class on Virgin Trains as they headed up to Manchester to pitch for an Ofsted brief that involves a web build project. The lengthy journey will have given them time to try to work out what the new government communications strategy meant for them and whether it was worth them getting on the train in the first place.
Media agencies are not optimistic that the £150 million global Shell review that was put in motion at the start of the year will go to full pitch. ZenithOptimedia, OMD and Initiative were invited to be part of the process, but sources believe that the client is renegotiating its contract with MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account