Tesco gives ready meals multimillion-pound revamp
Tesco is giving its ready meals a multimillion-pound relaunch supported by a national advertising campaign, with the slogan '20% more at no extra cost'.
Radio and outdoor activity launched today (24 May).
Tesco is relaunching its entire range of ready meals and as well as revamping the recipes, it has also overhauled the packaging. This follows the recent launch of the retailer's Everyday Value own brand range.
The first lines to be upgraded are the Indian, Oriental and Tex-Mex range, with these meals including 20% more meat.
David Harman, Tesco ready meals category buying manager, said: "As well as adding more meat, we'll be using higher quality sauces, herbs, pasta and rice – all at no extra cost to customers."
Some 300 dishes will be upgraded within these three ranges, including best-sellers chicken tikka masala, korma and jalfrezi.
The new packaging features "bold" colours and images to clearly differentiate the various cuisines, including an elephant design in classic purple for the Indian curry range.
Tesco's new ready meals will launch with a two-for-£5 promotion. The second phase of the relaunch later in the year will involve the upgrade of 700 more ready meals.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Digital Account Manager - Programmatic solutions Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Creative Artworker Creative Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Art Director Creative Recruitment £30000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent benefits & amazing commission, London