Jaguar steps up social media strategy to boost innovation
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 24 May 2012 01:00PM
Jaguar, the luxury car marque, is ramping up its social media marketing strategy, as it looks for more "relevant and innovative" ways to build the brand through digital channels.
Jaguar is already active in the social media space and in some recent research by iProspect revealed it to be the third most engaged-with brand in the UK on Facebook, scoring an engagement level of 12%.
The Tata-owned brand has appointed We Are Social as its first social media retained agency to handle both its global and UK accounts.
The agency will be responsible for managing the automotive manufacturer's Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as supporting brand activity such as product launches and event in the social sphere.
Jaguar has been working with We Are Social on a project-by-project basis for the past six months. It has most recently supported the launch of its Jaguar XF Sportbrake vehicle with a Twitter campaign.
It is also looking to target emerging markets such as China through its global social media strategy.
Steven Cobelli, global digital manager at Jaguar, said We Are Social's creativity and strategic approach will help it "answer the needs of our brand" in the social space.
Clementine Hancox, senior account director at We Are Social, said: "Using social media in a relevant and innovative way will build Jaguar’s presence and reputation in the UK and beyond."
In March this year, Jaguar kicked off a global marketing push, by its creative agency Spark44, introducing its new "alive" positioning, aimed at "contemporary and open-minded, sophisticated and daring" consumers.
The appointment comes after General Motors recently announced it was cutting its Facebook ad spend, in favour of a content strategy on the social networking site, while Ford said it would be boosting its Facebook activity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show