Campaign Viral Chart: Nike interactive ad nets first place
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 May 2012 08:00AM
An interactive film for Nike, where users can click on featured footballers for stats and social media links, has become the most shared advert on the social web this week with 585,286 shares.
The ad, which invites users to 'find the tunnels', has now been watched more than 12.5 million times since it was published last Friday (18 May).
A second ad from Nike's 'My time is now' campaign, in which footballer Mario Balotelli searches for an iconic hairstlye, is in third place with 38,888 shares.
Both videos end with an interactive call to action, driving users to click through to more Nike content across the web.
Following earlier viral success with 'Obamaville', US presidential hopeful Mitt Romney again enters the chart with another election video outlining his plans from 'day one' in office.
The ad, attacking Obama on job creation and healthcare, has been viewed just under half a million times and has been shared 23,573 times this week.
Top of the chart last week, an ad for Copenhagen Philharmonic has fallen out of the chart this week with just 5,495 shares.The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
Due to technical issues with Twitter's API, shares from the social network were not included in the count.
1. Nike 'my time is now' by Wieden & Kennedy London
585,286 shares this week
All time: 624,704 shares
2. Pepsi Max 'uncle Drew'
69,980 shares this week
All time: 71,760 shares
3. Nike 'Mario Balotelli' by Agence Leg, France
38,888 shares this week
All time: 40,069 shares
4. Leap 'introducing the leap'
24,919 shares this week
All time: 25,550 shares
5. Mitt Romney 'day one' created in-house
23,573 shares this week
All time: 23,575 shares
6. Samsung 'Galaxy S III' created in-house
9,918 shares this week
All time: 41,271 shares
7. Samsung 'Beckham plays Beethoven' by Cheil, USA
6,477 shares this week
All time: 6,772 shares
8. Carlsberg 'fan academy' by Fold 7
6,249 shares this week
All time: 15,149 shares
9. Flying Horse 'cat toast' by Ogilvy & Mather, Brazil
5,804 shares this week
All time: 22,660 shares
10. Jammie Dodgers 'a certain gooey thing' by VCCP
5,776 shares this week
All time: 11,395 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Recruitment Manager - Technical Development Team Propel £28000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Copywriter & Marketing Executive - Events, Integrated Marketing Live Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £20000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Recruitment Team Leader - Technology (Contract) Propel £35000 - £42000 per annum + OTE £80k, London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign