Nivea signs Euro 96 team mates for skincare push
Nivea, the Beiersdorf-owned skincare brand, is upping the activity around its sponsorship of the England football team ahead of the Euro 2012 tournament.
In the latest phase of its marketing push for the brand's Sensitive range, Nivea is releasing a new ad featuring a cast of key players from the Euro ’96 England squad – Paul Ince, Les Ferdinand and David Seaman.
The three players are shown shaving in front of the bathroom mirror, while their screams from the discomfort of shaving with sensitive skin are turned into a melody.
Former England manager Terry Venables then appears, not screaming, because of his use of the Nivea Sensitive products.
The ad, by DraftFCB, is supported by print, digital and viral activity, with an emphasis on Nivea's current digital activity around the sport, called 'The Great Football Experiment'.
This features a nationwide search for local Sunday league football teams, which challenged "Can the right preparation change the future of the average Sunday league team?
The winning team, Ivory FC, received coaching from Terry Venables, Ray Wilkins and Ray Clemence.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith at @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Account Manager- International Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Publisher Manager - Business Development Ultimate Asset £40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, London