Absolute Radio nets Currys and PC World football deal
Currys and PC World are to sponsor a daily edition of Absolute Radio's 'Rock 'N' Roll Football' during the Euro 2012 tournament, as part of a deal also pushing the retailers' 'Cash For Goals' promotion.
The show, which will be presented as usual by former England footballer Ian Wright, will run from Friday 8 June to Sunday 1 July, but the commercial partnership starts this Monday (28 May).
This will help Currys and PC World drive interest in the 'Cash For Goals' promotion, which rewards customers who buy a TV, laptop or MacBook for £549 or more, before Wednesday 6 June, with £10 cashback for every goal England score during Euro 2012.
The deal was brokered by Lindsay Payne, group account director at Walker Media.
The partnership will focus on Currys and PC World's role in helping customers find the best quality, latest technology TVs and laptops, on which to follow this summer's big sporting events.
Activity will include several online and social media competitions, with consumers encouraged to share videos of their own best "goal celebrations" with Currys and PC World, via the Absolute Radio website.
Paul Sylvester, Absolute Radio's head of presentation, said: "Our partnership with Currys and PC World will help us take the 'Rock ‘N’ Roll Football' show to new heights this summer."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - STRATEGIC CREATIVE B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum, Richmond upon Thames
- Senior Brand Manager - EMEA Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, West Midlands
- Digital & eCRM Campaign Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)