Absolute Radio nets Currys and PC World football deal
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 25 May 2012 01:16PM
Currys and PC World are to sponsor a daily edition of Absolute Radio's 'Rock 'N' Roll Football' during the Euro 2012 tournament, as part of a deal also pushing the retailers' 'Cash For Goals' promotion.
The show, which will be presented as usual by former England footballer Ian Wright, will run from Friday 8 June to Sunday 1 July, but the commercial partnership starts this Monday (28 May).
This will help Currys and PC World drive interest in the 'Cash For Goals' promotion, which rewards customers who buy a TV, laptop or MacBook for £549 or more, before Wednesday 6 June, with £10 cashback for every goal England score during Euro 2012.
The deal was brokered by Lindsay Payne, group account director at Walker Media.
The partnership will focus on Currys and PC World's role in helping customers find the best quality, latest technology TVs and laptops, on which to follow this summer's big sporting events.
Activity will include several online and social media competitions, with consumers encouraged to share videos of their own best "goal celebrations" with Currys and PC World, via the Absolute Radio website.
Paul Sylvester, Absolute Radio's head of presentation, said: "Our partnership with Currys and PC World will help us take the 'Rock ‘N’ Roll Football' show to new heights this summer."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Digital Project Director Twist Recruitment £55000.00 - £650000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned