Plusnet airs light-hearted manifesto ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 08:00AM
Plusnet, the Sheffield-based telecoms operator, has released a new spot claiming its competitive pricing co-exists with better customer satisfaction than rivals such Sky and Talk Talk.
The ad, created by Karmarama, features established brand character 'Joe', played by stand-up comedian, Craig Murray, walking across Ilkley Moor in Yorkshire, delivering a manifesto about the quality and pricing of Plusnet's broadband.
The ending shows a huge dog painted on the side of a hill, with the strapline, "Plusnet – We'll do you proud!", painted beneath it.
The ad broke on Saturday (26 May) on ITV London and will run on the channel until mid-July.
Nick Rawlings, commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "It's key that we demonstrate that a lower price doesn't mean a lower quality of service or product."
In April, Plusnet dropped its "Good honest, broadband from Yorkshire" strapline, which it had used since it first advertised on TV in 2010.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager, up to £60K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Great benefits inc £5K bonus potential, London
- Market Insight Manager, EDUCATION Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £36000 per annum, South East
- Consumer Marketing Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Trade Marketing Manager-MAT.COVER, Travel, £40-45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £44000 per annum, Surrey
- Marketing Communications Exec, Luxury Travel, £26k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood