Plusnet airs light-hearted manifesto ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 08:00AM
Plusnet, the Sheffield-based telecoms operator, has released a new spot claiming its competitive pricing co-exists with better customer satisfaction than rivals such Sky and Talk Talk.
The ad, created by Karmarama, features established brand character 'Joe', played by stand-up comedian, Craig Murray, walking across Ilkley Moor in Yorkshire, delivering a manifesto about the quality and pricing of Plusnet's broadband.
The ending shows a huge dog painted on the side of a hill, with the strapline, "Plusnet – We'll do you proud!", painted beneath it.
The ad broke on Saturday (26 May) on ITV London and will run on the channel until mid-July.
Nick Rawlings, commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "It's key that we demonstrate that a lower price doesn't mean a lower quality of service or product."
In April, Plusnet dropped its "Good honest, broadband from Yorkshire" strapline, which it had used since it first advertised on TV in 2010.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Junior Account Manager / Account Manager / Account Executive Royds Raphael £25k-£28kk+neg, London