Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares launches 3D ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 May 2012 03:55PM
Kellogg's is launching a 3D interactive cinema ad by glue Isobar today (25 May) to support its Rice Krispies Squares brand.
Rice Krispies Squares was launched back in 1997 for women seeking an alternative to chocolate.
The 3D interactive cinema ad has been created by glue Isobar and Superglue for Rice Krispies Square's Rocky Road variant.
The campaign marks a continuation of Kellogg's 'It All Lies' campaign and claims to be the first 3D cinema ad that can be tasted.
The ad will be rolled out in cinemas from May 25 during trailers of the new 'Men in Black' film.
Kellogg's has big ambitions for the campaign. It believes that by the end of cinema ad, consumers will be able to taste the flavour of the Rocky Road in their mouth through the use of "audio flavour technology."
Sally Tribe, Rice Krispies Squares brand manager, said: "Innovation has been key to driving the success of Squares and we have invested over £3m in advertising for 2012.
"We are always looking for ways to push the boundaries with this brand so taking it 3D seems like a no brainer."
The ad was directed by Marcus Chaloner and the copywriters working on the campaign were Lewis Raven & Adam King.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Dutch Speaking Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 per annum, West London
- Comms Account Manager - BEAUTY FMCG Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs