Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares launches 3D ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 May 2012 03:55PM
Kellogg's is launching a 3D interactive cinema ad by glue Isobar today (25 May) to support its Rice Krispies Squares brand.
Rice Krispies Squares was launched back in 1997 for women seeking an alternative to chocolate.
The 3D interactive cinema ad has been created by glue Isobar and Superglue for Rice Krispies Square's Rocky Road variant.
The campaign marks a continuation of Kellogg's 'It All Lies' campaign and claims to be the first 3D cinema ad that can be tasted.
The ad will be rolled out in cinemas from May 25 during trailers of the new 'Men in Black' film.
Kellogg's has big ambitions for the campaign. It believes that by the end of cinema ad, consumers will be able to taste the flavour of the Rocky Road in their mouth through the use of "audio flavour technology."
Sally Tribe, Rice Krispies Squares brand manager, said: "Innovation has been key to driving the success of Squares and we have invested over £3m in advertising for 2012.
"We are always looking for ways to push the boundaries with this brand so taking it 3D seems like a no brainer."
The ad was directed by Marcus Chaloner and the copywriters working on the campaign were Lewis Raven & Adam King.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014