Total Media lands Random House and Transworld Publishers online accounts
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 11:35AM
Random House Children's Publishers UK and Transworld Publishers have appointed Total Media to handle their online media planning and buying.
The win builds on the independent agency's existing relationships with other companies in the Random House Group. There was no incumbent on the business and the appointment was made without a pitch
Total Media will be responsible for managing digital display advertising across consumer sites and social media networks, as well as implementing video seeding campaigns for the publishing houses' future book launches.
The campaign will use a mixture of demographic and behavioural and consumer data to reach relevant audiences.
Barry O'Donovan, marketing director at Random House Children's Publishers UK, said that the company was "impressed" with Total Media's in-house digital capabilities.
Thomas Laranjo, managing director for Total Media, said: "With increased audience engagement through digital platforms, it's completely right that publishers should seek to start migrating their media content online.
"Our specialist media planners will collaborate with our internal digital teams to ensure that the publishing houses' advertising reaches the relevant consumers – driving a campaign based on real-time consumer data."
Total Media also recently won the media planning and buying account for the publisher Hodder & Stoughton.
Acumen Media Partners continues to manage Random House Children's Publishers UK and Transworld’s offline media.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, Benefits: Plus benefits, Greater Manchester
- SEO specialist (part time from home) Stopgap £100 - £150 per day, England
- Marketing Manager (Retargeting Technology) Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Marketing Manager, B2C Publishing Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?