M&M characters test out 'British' costumes in Jubilee ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 11:58AM
Mars has rolled out a British-themed campaign to support the launch of its special edition red, white and blue M&Ms pack, ahead of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations this weekend..
The 'Union Jack' TV ad, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO first aired yesterday (27 May), and will run for four weeks in a media plan handled by MediaCom.
It shows the M&M yellow and red brand characters in a lounge, with a street party scene behind them.
Yellow M&M is trying on a range of outfits, including those of a punk and morris dancer, in a bid to make him look "British enough" to make it into the special edition packet.
The ad closes with the strapline, "Red, white and blues only, sorry yellow".
Mars, which owns brands including M&Ms, Skittles, Pedigree, Whiskas, Uncle Ben's and Wrigley, was recently named Cannes Lions Advertiser of the Year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Community Manager | £26-30K, depending on experience. Dynamic New Alliances Up to 30K + Benefits, Central London
- Retention Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review