M&M characters test out 'British' costumes in Jubilee ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 11:58AM
Mars has rolled out a British-themed campaign to support the launch of its special edition red, white and blue M&Ms pack, ahead of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations this weekend..
The 'Union Jack' TV ad, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO first aired yesterday (27 May), and will run for four weeks in a media plan handled by MediaCom.
It shows the M&M yellow and red brand characters in a lounge, with a street party scene behind them.
Yellow M&M is trying on a range of outfits, including those of a punk and morris dancer, in a bid to make him look "British enough" to make it into the special edition packet.
The ad closes with the strapline, "Red, white and blues only, sorry yellow".
Mars, which owns brands including M&Ms, Skittles, Pedigree, Whiskas, Uncle Ben's and Wrigley, was recently named Cannes Lions Advertiser of the Year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Art Director - Doha, Qatar MCG Associates Up to GBP50,000 tax free plus benefits and relocation, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital / Print Designer - Fashion - London - £30,000 Red Sofa London £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?