M&M characters test out 'British' costumes in Jubilee ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 11:58AM
Mars has rolled out a British-themed campaign to support the launch of its special edition red, white and blue M&Ms pack, ahead of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations this weekend..
The 'Union Jack' TV ad, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO first aired yesterday (27 May), and will run for four weeks in a media plan handled by MediaCom.
It shows the M&M yellow and red brand characters in a lounge, with a street party scene behind them.
Yellow M&M is trying on a range of outfits, including those of a punk and morris dancer, in a bid to make him look "British enough" to make it into the special edition packet.
The ad closes with the strapline, "Red, white and blues only, sorry yellow".
Mars, which owns brands including M&Ms, Skittles, Pedigree, Whiskas, Uncle Ben's and Wrigley, was recently named Cannes Lions Advertiser of the Year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff