M&M characters test out 'British' costumes in Jubilee ad
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 11:58AM
Mars has rolled out a British-themed campaign to support the launch of its special edition red, white and blue M&Ms pack, ahead of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations this weekend..
The 'Union Jack' TV ad, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO first aired yesterday (27 May), and will run for four weeks in a media plan handled by MediaCom.
It shows the M&M yellow and red brand characters in a lounge, with a street party scene behind them.
Yellow M&M is trying on a range of outfits, including those of a punk and morris dancer, in a bid to make him look "British enough" to make it into the special edition packet.
The ad closes with the strapline, "Red, white and blues only, sorry yellow".
Mars, which owns brands including M&Ms, Skittles, Pedigree, Whiskas, Uncle Ben's and Wrigley, was recently named Cannes Lions Advertiser of the Year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Event Operations Intern Haymarket Media Group Competitive Intership Salary, Teddington (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing & Demand Generation Salt £50000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Art Director become £37 - 45K, London (North), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3