M&M characters test out 'British' costumes in Jubilee ad
Mars has rolled out a British-themed campaign to support the launch of its special edition red, white and blue M&Ms pack, ahead of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations this weekend..
The 'Union Jack' TV ad, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO first aired yesterday (27 May), and will run for four weeks in a media plan handled by MediaCom.
It shows the M&M yellow and red brand characters in a lounge, with a street party scene behind them.
Yellow M&M is trying on a range of outfits, including those of a punk and morris dancer, in a bid to make him look "British enough" to make it into the special edition packet.
The ad closes with the strapline, "Red, white and blues only, sorry yellow".
Mars, which owns brands including M&Ms, Skittles, Pedigree, Whiskas, Uncle Ben's and Wrigley, was recently named Cannes Lions Advertiser of the Year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region