National Trust launches Wallace and Gromit ads
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 11:40AM
The National Trust is targeting new audiences and young visitors with a Jubilee-themed augmented reality campaign starring Wallace and Gromit.
The charity is running a press campaign created by MBA with mini animations embedded in the creative that can be unlocked by pointing an Aurasma-enabled mobile device at the creative.
Additional augmented reality content in the augmented reality campaign includes a behind-the-scenes look at the duo’s new mini animation, which will debut at Trust properties over the Jubilee weekend.
The end of the video directs people to a microsite where viewers can learn more about the Jubilee tea parties screening the new Wallace and Gromit animation, which is produced by Aardman.
It represents the first time the National Trust has used augmented reality technology and fits in with its growing commitment to embrace new audiences and prove its properties are aimed at everyone.
Cat Weaver, senior marketing campaign manager at the National Trust, said: "The collaboration with Aurasma is designed to encourage families and friends to celebrate the best of British at our sites and properties.
"These adverts are the perfect way to show that we are listening to new audiences and constantly looking forwards.
"We hope they will 'wow' families and our younger visitors, giving them an unexpected behind-the-scenes look at our exclusive mini-animation."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Content Editor Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager / Front of House - brand & packaging agency Gabriele Skelton £24000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner : New, Full Service Creative Agency : London Dylan Circa £60k + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive - Global Leading Oil and Gas Company Ninesharp Negotiable, Swindon
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media