National Trust launches Wallace and Gromit ads
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 28 May 2012 11:40AM
The National Trust is targeting new audiences and young visitors with a Jubilee-themed augmented reality campaign starring Wallace and Gromit.
The charity is running a press campaign created by MBA with mini animations embedded in the creative that can be unlocked by pointing an Aurasma-enabled mobile device at the creative.
Additional augmented reality content in the augmented reality campaign includes a behind-the-scenes look at the duo’s new mini animation, which will debut at Trust properties over the Jubilee weekend.
The end of the video directs people to a microsite where viewers can learn more about the Jubilee tea parties screening the new Wallace and Gromit animation, which is produced by Aardman.
It represents the first time the National Trust has used augmented reality technology and fits in with its growing commitment to embrace new audiences and prove its properties are aimed at everyone.
Cat Weaver, senior marketing campaign manager at the National Trust, said: "The collaboration with Aurasma is designed to encourage families and friends to celebrate the best of British at our sites and properties.
"These adverts are the perfect way to show that we are listening to new audiences and constantly looking forwards.
"We hope they will 'wow' families and our younger visitors, giving them an unexpected behind-the-scenes look at our exclusive mini-animation."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned