EBay Fashion sponsors Marie Claire app
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 May 2012 10:58AM
IPC monthly magazine Marie Claire has secured eBay Fashion as the sponsor of its newly launched Marieclaire.co.uk app for iPhone, BlackBerry and Android.
The free app provides the latest news and reviews from the world of fashion, celebrity and beauty, in an easy-to-navigate environment.
As part of eBay Fashion's three-month sponsorship, the online retailer has bespoke in-app branding and video, along with ownership of all advertising, which clicks through to the eBay fashion store.
Mike Newcombe, director of mobile advertising at IPC, said: "The Marie Claire mobile app will keep fashion fans up to date and in the know, all within a premium, made-for-mobile environment.
"For eBay Fashion, the app delivers the ideal audience, who, within a matter of clicks, can move seamlessly from inspiration through to eBay's checkout."
Sham Islam, strategic lead at eBay's digital agency Essence, said: "We feel that this is the perfect environment to showcase the steps forward that have been made in terms of eBay's fashion offering.
"The brand presence is strong without being intrusive and we are pleased to be the launch partner of an app that we know the eBay fashion audience will love."
The launch of Marie Claire's smartphone app adds to the brand's existing digital offering, which includes a mobile optimised website, a Beauty Genius iPhone app, and a Marie Claire Runway iPad app.
EBay recently recruited Andrea Linett as creative director as part of the company's overall push in the clothing sector.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot