EBay Fashion sponsors Marie Claire app
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 May 2012 10:58AM
IPC monthly magazine Marie Claire has secured eBay Fashion as the sponsor of its newly launched Marieclaire.co.uk app for iPhone, BlackBerry and Android.
The free app provides the latest news and reviews from the world of fashion, celebrity and beauty, in an easy-to-navigate environment.
As part of eBay Fashion's three-month sponsorship, the online retailer has bespoke in-app branding and video, along with ownership of all advertising, which clicks through to the eBay fashion store.
Mike Newcombe, director of mobile advertising at IPC, said: "The Marie Claire mobile app will keep fashion fans up to date and in the know, all within a premium, made-for-mobile environment.
"For eBay Fashion, the app delivers the ideal audience, who, within a matter of clicks, can move seamlessly from inspiration through to eBay's checkout."
Sham Islam, strategic lead at eBay's digital agency Essence, said: "We feel that this is the perfect environment to showcase the steps forward that have been made in terms of eBay's fashion offering.
"The brand presence is strong without being intrusive and we are pleased to be the launch partner of an app that we know the eBay fashion audience will love."
The launch of Marie Claire's smartphone app adds to the brand's existing digital offering, which includes a mobile optimised website, a Beauty Genius iPhone app, and a Marie Claire Runway iPad app.
EBay recently recruited Andrea Linett as creative director as part of the company's overall push in the clothing sector.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- Marketing Manager Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief