Richmond brand to air nude farmer ad
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 29 May 2012 03:44PM
Kerry Foods-owned Richmond, best known for its sausages, is introducing the strapline "As nature intended", to support its new cooked ham variant in a marketing campaign that will focus on the brand's natural ingredients.
The campaign will launch on June 4 and centre on a TV ad created by Quiet Storm. It will be accompanied by outdoor advertising.
The ad features a young male farmer strolling naked through a rural village, while enjoying a Richmond Ham sandwich. The farmer proclaims the benefits of natural ingredients, and the ad is set to the Sammy Davis Jr song, 'I've gotta be me'.
Claire Winstanley, marketing director, meats, at Kerry Foods, the maker of Richmond Sausages, claims the new product is "game-changing for the ham market."
In addition to the TV ad, the campaign will feature a sampling campaign running across Asda and Tesco stores throughout the summer.
The sampling will include farmer-themed sampling bars and stands, which will offer shoppers the chance to try the cooked ham.
Kerry Foods launched its Richmond brand into the cooked ham category in the UK in May.
The Irish food manufacturer claims the product is the UK's first cooked ham made with 100% natural ingredients.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show