Kleenex rolls out Facebook game for hay fever sufferers
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 10:14AM
Kleenex, the Kimberley-Clark-owned tissue brand, is launching a new Facebook game that can be played in a user's newsfeed, to promote its Balsam range to hay fever sufferers.
The Facebook game has been created by We Are Social and Kleenex claims it is the first that can be played and shared in a user's newsfeed.
Players have to empty a box of tissues as quickly as possible and are able to share their scores in their newsfeed. Friends can compete by playing the game in their newsfeed, rather than having to visit the Kleenex fanpage.
It will also be running a competition to win hay fever care kits and other prizes from its Facebook page, as well as expert tips on how to beat the symptoms.
The Facebook activity forms part of a wider campaign, which includes experiential activity, radio sponsorship on Capital FM and Heart FM, with media planning handled by Mindshare.
In October last year, Kleenex enlisted impressionist Ronnie Ancona, to provide cold and flu sufferers with supportive messages in the style of Audrey Hepburn and other celebrities, via a spoof helpline.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Director Aspire £70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- PR Account Executive AF Selection £17,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- PR Account Director AF Selection £40,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Media Operations Executive Dot-Gap £25k , London Central